I’m happy to announce that I’ve been nominated for the Leibster Award by Kristan from Kristan Rewritten. Thank you for the nomination and I hope everyone gets a spare a few moments and go check out her blog!
The Leibster Award is a blogger award for new bloggers or those with a small following. It is a way of giving new bloggers some recognition and encouragement for their hard work.
The instructions for accepting the award and passing it on are as follows.
- Create a new blog post on your blog thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog, and put in a graphic of the award.
- Answer the questions that were provided, and then share some facts about yourself.
- Create a new set of your own questions for others to answer.
- Nominate ten others and share your blog post with them so they can accept their award!
These are the questions Kristan had for me…
Who is your favourite person and why?
My children are my favourite people. They are smart and funny and loving and sometimes also very naughty but I love them more than anything. Without them I don’t know where I’d be. Sometimes they are the only reason I keep going.
If you could meet any person in history, who would it be and what would you ask them?
My grandfather on my mothers side. He passed before I was born and I’ve heard lost of stories about him and think it would be great to have met him. I don’t think I’d ask him anything in particular, I’d just listen.
What inspired you to start a blog?
I wanted to share my story in the hopes of breaking down some of the stigma that surrounds mental illness. I want to help, encourage and support other people. As I’m not much of a talker I thought the best way to do this would be to start writing. And so The Nut Factory was born.
What is your favourite book?
Too many favourites to choose from. I guess I’ll go with ‘The Chocolate War’ by Robert Cormier. It’s a rather dark story with an ending unlike any other story I’ve read. It’s about a teenage boy, Jerry Renault, who attends an all boys Catholic school and his refusal to sell chocolates as part of an annual fundraiser. ‘The Vigils’ – a secret society operating within the school – manipulate and bully Jerry and things don’t go so well for him as he tries to stand up to them.
The book is very controversial and appeared as third on the American Library Association’s list of the “Top 100 Banned/Challenged Books in 2000–2009.”
What is one thing you LOVE about yourself?
This was a really hard question. I think I’d have to say courage. I honestly don’t know where it comes from but when shit hits the fan so to speak, I somehow manage to, at least temporarily, overcome my fears and do what needs to be done. I face what comes and carry on despite the nagging voice of anxiety in my ear.
Provide five random facts about you
- I’ve recently got into rock hunting and am having more fun painting rocks than my kids.
- I love going camping. Nothing better than going bush for a few days with no technology and just your imagination to keep you entertained.
- I like photography but most of my pictures are of family and the things we do.
- I love country living and hate the city.
- I think British and Canadian t.v. shows are far superior to anything that comes out of Australia or the USA
My questions for you…
- What do you do to try and stay mentally healthy?
- What is your favourite song/artist to listen to? Why?
- If you had a time machine would you travel to the past or the future? Why?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Provide 5 random facts about you.
My nominees are…
- Diva with Depression
- Lavender and Levity
- The Art of Broken
- What Abigail Says
- One Flawsome Momma
- Most People Call Me the F*cking Doctor
- Anxiety Erica
- I, Mommy
I encourage you to go and check out all these awesome bloggers, some are much newer than others and I’m sure each of them would appreciate your support!